Visit England has certified us for following Government and Industry COVID-19 guidelines.
This Risk Assessment has been carried out following the guidelines on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) website www.hse.gov.uk
Assessment carried out by: Roger Winfield Address: Fernhurst Holiday Apartments, 42 Western Road, Shanklin PO377NF.Date assessment was carried out 23/02/2020.
● Contamination of the site by guests who are asymptomatic or who develop symptoms while in situ.
● Transmission of the virus between guests or between guests and contractors/suppliers.
Who is at Risk?
● Guests on site or with subsequent bookings, particularly the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
● Cleaning and Maintenance Contractors and their immediate families, particularly if they care for relatives who are elderly or have underlying health conditions.
Actions to Control Risk:
Containing and controlling the spread of Covid-19 requires all persons, both Guests and staff that access ‘Fernhurst’ to follow current advice on a personal level, for example:
● stay at least 1 meter (or as directed by UK Government), away from anyone you do not live with when outside your apartment in common areas, such as stairways and entrance hallway.
● wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
● use the provided hand sanitiser gel when you enter or leave Fernhurst main entrance.
● wash your hands as soon as you enter your apartment.
● cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
● put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
● if you can, wear something that covers your nose and mouth when it’s hard to stay away from people, such as in shops or on public transport.
● do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
Anybody who is exhibiting symptoms or who has any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their booking must strictly follow the Government instruction to self-isolate and follow NHS guidelines. Therefore, they should not arrive at Fernhurst Holiday Apartments.
Anybody in one of the vulnerable groups identified by the Government should follow current and up to date Government advice with regard to specific precautions they should take.
Prior to occupation all guests and visitors must agree to ‘Fernhurst Holiday Apartments’ enhanced Covid19 terms and conditions. These enhanced measures include steps to mitigate any potential spread of the Covid19 virus by requiring that; if any guest shows symptoms or signs of being infected with Coivid19 whilst in occupation they must immediately inform us, the owners or our appointed representative. Then they should immediately vacate the premises and strictly follow government public health advice and return home.
Contractors and cleaning staff have been advised that if they are exhibiting symptoms or who have any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus within the previous 14 days, that they should not come on site and they should follow NHS guidelines.
Guests are only permitted to enter the premises provided they agree to comply with the latest government guidance with regards social distancing and groups of people allowed to stay together in one apartment.
Guests might consider arranging for groceries/supplies to be delivered to the holiday home, to avoid trips to the supermarket. Guests need to check with the local stores as the situation can change.
Guests are advised that there may be restricted opportunities to eat out at this time booking in advance may be required with Restaurants, and they should be prepared to fully self-cater.
We will provide additional cleaning materials for guests to clean during their stay.
Implement Changes to cleaning policy:
We always strive to maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness at ‘Fernhurst’. We recognise that at this time some sustainable practices will need to be compromised. For example, washing and reusing cleaning cloths and using mostly natural cleaning products. We promise to resume these practices as soon as it is safe to do so however for the duration of the Corvid-19 outbreak we have decided to adopt the
cleaning practices recommended by Public Health England (PHE) for Cleaning in Non-Healthcare Settings as found Here
In addition we will:
● Reduce the amount of soft furnishings provided.
● Remove books, games, puzzles and magazines from all apartments.
To Protect our Cleaning Team we will:
● If possible delay cleaning until the property has been vacant for 72 hours.
● Provide rubber gloves and plastic aprons.
● Limit the number of team members in any apartment to two at any one time.
● Ask guests to empty all bins and place tied bags into the external waste bins.
This policy will be reviewed monthly until the Government advises that the Covid-19 threat has passed.